Terms and Conditions
We are pleased to make our cottages available for visitors to share and enjoy all that Draper, Virginia has to offer. Please bear in mind that the cottage you are renting are in a neighborhood area with full-time residents. For peaceful coexistence, all occupants must adhere to the guest code of conduct and our rental terms and conditions.
Short Term Rental Guest Contract:
Effective January 1, 2024
- DEFINITIONS: These Terms and Conditions or Rental Agreement apply to the lodging and services provided through The Cottages at Pine Run LLC. DBA Cottages at Pine Run known as “Host”. The person signing and agreeing to the Rental Agreement is the “Guest”. The property is referred to as Cottage, and any person occupying or visiting the cottage is an “Occupant”. Host reserves the right to modify these Terms and Conditions at any time by posting on the Host’s website know as https://cottagesatpinerun.com.
- RESPONSIBLE PARTY: Guest must be at least 21 years of age and must be an occupant of the Cottage during the entirety of the reservation. Guest’s government issued I.D. must be presented upon request. Guest assumes responsibility for the actions of all occupants and visitors to the Cottage. Host may cancel the reservation at any time with full forfeiture if the Cottage is booked under false pretenses or if one of the occupants has previously breached Host’s Rental Agreement.
- RESERVATION CONFIRMATION: Guest must agree to these Terms and Conditions and provide the specified payments. Within 24 hours of booking, Guest must complete the Guest ID and credit card verification, sign an e-sign agreement, including the names and email addresses of all adult occupants. All reservations are subject to review and host’s approval prior to final confirmation and may cancel any reservation that does not comply with these requirements. Prices and availability are subject to change until the reservation is confirmed.
- CANCELLATION: Notice of cancellation must be submitted in writing by email or Airbnb Message and Guest is responsible to verify receipt in writing from Host. Travel Insurance is highly recommended. Dates of cancellation notice received:
4.1. Within 48 hours of booking: Full refund.
4.2. More than 30 days from check-in: Full refund of rent, tax, and fees, less a 5% processing fee and credit card fee.
4.3. 30 days or less from check-in: A full refund for cancellations made within 48 hours of booking and at least 14 days before
check-in: 50% refund of rent and tax up to 7 days before check-in.
4.4. 6 days or less from check-in: Full forfeiture of the rent, tax, and Fees.
4.5. Guests with confirmed reservations who desire to change Cottages, regardless of reason, must cancel the original reservation
pursuant to the cancellation policy, and a new reservation must be made at the alternate Cottage, which reservation is also
subject to the cancellation policy.
4.6. There are no refunds for early departures, delayed arrivals, construction activity, inclement weather, or reduction in the number of nights reserved for any reason. If the Cottage becomes unavailable or unsuitable for rent for any reason whatsoever, including but not limited to, casualty loss, construction, noise, physical deterioration, or loss of utility services, the Host’s liability will be limited to the return of all monies paid on account at the time of cancellation. Trip cancellation insurance is highly recommended.
- RENTS AND PAYMENT TERMS: Currently Airbnb handles payment for the Cottages at pine Run LLc. If you would like to book at stay directly with us please note our payment terms are different. 50% of the total is due beyond 60 days of arrival and all balances are due within 60 days of arrival. Rental rates and fees are subject to change, and no refunds are given in the event advertised rental rates are reduced. In the event incorrect information or rates are quoted due to a typographical or other error, Host shall have the right to refuse, cancel or limit any reservations listed incorrectly. Note that city or state occupancy taxes are subject to change, and if a tax increase occurs prior to the arrival date, it may be charged to the Guest.
- TERMINATION: Guest shall vacate the property no later than the agreed upon departure date and time of 10:00 am Eastern Standard Time. Host or its agent has the right to inspect and document the condition of the premises without prior notice at any time to enforce the terms of this agreement. Violations of the terms of this Agreement including, but not limited to excessive noise, the use of the Cottage for any unlawful purpose including the possession, serving, or consumption of alcoholic beverages by persons less than 21 years of age, smoking, house parties, or use of the Cottage or common areas in a manner contrary to the rules of the Host, will result in termination of this agreement.
6.1 Upon notice of termination, Guest shall waive all rights to due process for failure to vacate the premises upon termination and
all individuals occupying the Cottage will be subject to immediate eviction procedures. Upon termination, Host or its agent
may enter the premises and remove Guest, the members of Guest’s party, and their belongings.
- VACATION RENTAL DAMAGE PROTECTION (VRDP): Guest may purchase VRDP at the time of booking. If damage occurs to real or personal property because of inadvertent acts, VDRP will be applied toward costs of repair or replacement of such property up to a maximum benefit of $3,000.00. Guest must notify Host of any damages prior to check out for the VRDP to apply. Any repairs or replacement costs not covered by the VDRP will be charged to Guest. VRDP does not apply for any damage deemed by Host to be intentional or due to negligence, smoking remediation, missing item replacement, or damage from pets, including allergy/flea remediation.
- CHECK-IN: Check-in time is 3:00 PM Eastern Standard Time. Guest shall not enter the premises early without written approval by email or by Airbnb message from the Host. Entry codes will be provided once all amounts due have been collected. Please notify Host upon arrival.
- CHECK OUT: Check out time is 10:00 AM Eastern Standard Time. Requests for late check-outs must be approved 24 hours in advance. A fee will be charged for each hour (or portion thereof) past the required check out time. Check out procedures:
9.1. Put trash in the garbage bins outside.
9.2. Leave beds un-made (No need to strip) and put used towels in bathhouse bins at entrance.
9.3. Put furniture or items moved, back to their original location (inside & outside).
9.4. Turn-off lights.
9.5. Close and lock windows and doors and press the lock button on the door entry keypad.
- CHECK OUT FEES: The reservation includes all standard fees, and the cleaning fee is for standard cleaning and laundry services. If the cottage or its contents are left excessively messy or in unreasonable condition, an additional fee will be charged. A $75 per item fee will be charged for missing remote control(s). Guest will be liable for any additional charges incurred if Guest or Guest property remains past the agreed upon time, including paying wait times, or other associated costs for delaying arriving guests.
- OCCUPANCY: The Cottage shall be occupied by no more than the number of individuals on the property listing site. Day/evening guests are limited to no more than 4 persons, who must vacate the premises by 10:00 p.m. A minimum charge of $50 per day per person may be imposed for excess guests. Any parties or occupancy doubling the maximum occupancy allowed will result in a termination of the stay and a $2,000 unauthorized event charge.
- AMENITIES: The Cottage is furnished and includes ready-made beds and towels located in the bathhouse. Amenities and furnishings are subject to change and may or may not be the exact same as represented, due to replacement, substitution, or other reasons. Host provides a starter kit of soaps, paper goods, trash bags and other items. Host assumes no responsibility for the quality or contents of any food products left on the premises and Guests use and/or consumption of the same is not recommended and shall be at Guest`s own risk(s). Beddings are not to be removed from the Cottage.
- GOOD NEIGHBOR POLICY– Occupants are expected to abide by all laws, be respectful, and maintain the residential character of the neighborhood. Infractions of the noise limits pursuant local laws the police are called to address disturbances, health, safety, or general welfare issues, guests may be responsible for repayment to the County for the cost of a non-emergency police response. Guests that fail to vacate the property by the expiration of the occupancy term, may be deemed trespassers and may be subject to removal by relevant authorities. Regardless of any ordinance, parties, over-occupancy and/or noise disturbances will result in termination of occupancy and forfeiture of all funds received.
- COURTESY AND RESPECT: Guests and Occupants shall behave in a respectful and civilized manner toward neighbors, other Guests staying on our property, the local community at large, and Host staff members. Host will take appropriate and immediate action in response to violations of this policy. Host may immediately terminate the occupancy and retain all amounts paid if, at any time during the stay, Guest, or visitor(s) acts in a dangerous, unruly, or malicious manner, including verbal or physical abuse. This includes any discriminatory language or harassment over sex, sexual orientation, race, national origin, religion, or disability
- SURVEILLANCE: Cottage may be equipped with exterior-facing cameras only, routers and decibel monitoring devices that track temperature, occupancy, and ambient noise, and cigarette smoke.
- GUEST`S NOTIFICATION RESPONSIBILITIES: Upon arrival, Guest shall examine the condition of the Cottage, furnishings, appliances, fixtures, and cleanliness and shall report any deficiencies upon discovery to ensure items are not attributed to Guest. Guest shall immediately notify Host of any occurrences, existing or new, that may cause damage to the Cottage or adjacent properties, and to take reasonable measures to mitigate damages, otherwise, Guest may be responsible for damages for failure to do so. All damages, breakage, lost or missing items during the occupancy must be reported to Host prior to departure.
- MULTIPLE COTTAGE RENTALS: Should Guest or acquaintance of Guest rent another cottage in proximity to the Cottage, no items shall be moved from cottage to cottage. Because of wear and tear, and noise considerations, no more than 4 guests from either cottage should occupy the other.
- GARBAGE: Guest shall place all food scraps in the garbage and not outdoor sinks or rinse stations. All waste generated during the rental period must be disposed of in a lawful manner in trash bags and in the receptacles provided with bags tied off to discourage pests. Guest agrees to notify Host of overflowing trash bins.
- SMOKING: Smoking and vaping are prohibited anywhere in or near the Cottage. Decontamination and littering charges starting at $500 per day will be assessed and Guest will be subject to eviction as well as financially responsible for any damage including, but not limited to, stains, burns and the cost of odor remediation and potential relocation costs of arriving guests.
- DRUGS: Use of illegal drugs in the Cottage or premises is prohibited and may result in immediate termination of the stay with no refunds. Marijuana may not be vaped or smoked inside the Cottage. Guest assumes all liability for death or injury from any edible marijuana products, pharmaceuticals or other drugs on the premises left on the property at check-out.
- PETS / SERVICE ANIMALS: Pets are prohibited unless purchase of the additional pet fee. If an unauthorized pet is found on the premises, Guest may and/or pet may be evicted and Guest is responsible to remedy all pet damages and the cost of remediation, including pet allergen remediation, flea remediation and reimbursement to Host. This includes any refunds or costs necessary to relocate or compensate for the relocation of future guests until remediation is completed. Certified Service animals, as defined pursuant to regulations under the Americans with Disabilities Act, are allowed to accompany Guests during their stay. Certified Service animals must be individually trained to perform a task for the benefit of an individual with a disability. Animals providing emotional support, comfort or companionship are not Certified Service animals. Guests must notify Host at the time of reservation if they will be bringing a service animal. Service animals may be removed if they are disruptive, aggressive, or not housebroken.
- IMAGERY AND VIDEO: Guest and Occupants agree that they shall not, and will ensure that any visitor of shall not, record, film, video, or in any other way document any sort of media production for broadcasting or public use in any format in the Cottage, unless the Guest(s) and/or visitor has received prior express written consent of Host.
- TELEPHONES: Landline phones are not provided. Emergency medical, fire and police service can be called by dialing 911. The Cottages are in an area with low cell phone coverage. Please consult with Host if you are concerned with cell phone signal strength.
- TRANSIENT OCCUPANCY: Guest expressly acknowledges and agrees that this Agreement is for transient occupancy of the Cottage and that Guest does not intend to make the Cottage a residence or household.
- OWNERS PROPERTY: Guest agrees not to access or use items in any areas that are the Host’s property, even if unlocked.
- FIRE EXTINGUISHER: The Cottage is equipped with a minimum of one (1) fire extinguisher. It is the duty of the Guest to locate fire extinguisher, notify all other occupants of the location, and inform management immediately should the fire extinguisher be missing, or be less or become less than fully charged.
- SMOKE DETECTORS/ CARBON MONOXIDE DETECTOR: The Cottage has smoke detectors installed and they are believed to function properly at the time of rental. Guest will notify Host immediately if a detector(s) is removed, missing, uninstalled, “chirps” or has a low battery condition.
- PARKING: Guest are welcome to park near the Cottage rented. Guests may only park cars in a single row when parking near the cottage. Additional parking spaces are near the Bathhouse.
- SECURITY: Guest shall keep doors, windows, etc. locked whenever possible/prudent and always at night or when the Cottage is unoccupied. Note that the Cottage is not equipped with a safe. Host is not responsible for Guests’ property. Please consider leaving valuables at cottage.
- NEW LOCKS OR ALTERATIONS: Guest shall not make or permit to be made any alterations to the Premises or change or add any lock without the prior consent of Host.
- LOST ITEMS: Host shall bear no responsibility for lost, stolen or abandoned items. There will be a minimum $25.00 handling charge plus shipping costs for items returned at Guest`s request. Host shall not be held liable for the condition of said items. Any items not claimed for longer than 30 days may be disposed of.
- HOME ELECTRONICS: All applicable electronics, Wi-Fi, cable, cords, and audio-visual equipment should not be tampered with in any way. Please contact Host for assistance with any adjustments needed. Costs for resetting, repairing, or replacing damaged, moved, or missing items will be charged to the Guest. Services are provided as a convenience only and are not integral to this agreement. No refund of rents shall be given for outages, content, lack of content, download/upload speed, access problems, lack of knowledge of use, or personal preferences.
- AIR CONDITIONING / HEATING: The Cottages are equipped with a heat pump system that provides both air conditioning and heat. If not regulated otherwise, Guest agrees that Air conditioning shall not be set below 71 degrees and heat shall not be set above 77 and that the fan setting shall be “Auto”. Doors and windows shall be closed when either heat or air conditioning is in operation. There are no refunds for lack of or malfunctioning HVAC.
- CHARGING ELECTRIC VEHICLES: Utilizing non-specific electrical outlets to charge vehicles is prohibited without preapproval in writing. Guest will assume all liability and be subject to additional fees in the occurrence of unauthorized charging or damage to systems thereof.
- SERVICE AND UPKEEP: Landscaping, windows, and Bathhouse may require service during a guest occupancy. Host will endeavor to communicate in advance any vendors who will be accessing the cottage or Bathhouse. Guest understands the regular scheduled upkeep is essential and will allow access to vendors when needed.
- SYSTEM(S) / FURNISHING / AMENITY FAILURES: In the event, the Cottage or the Bathhouse sustains a failure of a system, including but not limited to water, sewer, septic, electrical, gas, plumbing, mechanical, appliances, HVAC, or other system or amenities, Host will make every reasonable effort to repair or replace the failed system or equipment, as soon as possible. And in such event, Guest agrees to permit Host or its service provider to have reasonable access to the Cottage to inspect and make such repairs. The Host shall not be liable to Guest for damages, and no refunds will be given for such failures unless the cottage is deemed uninhabitable.
- NOISE AND NOISE TRANSMISSION: Guest is aware that Cottage is in a rural area but we do have neighbors, and a road near by and it is, therefore, subject to noise from nearby residences/businesses/traffic and or construction. If Cottage has common walls, ceilings, or floors, noise will likely travel between and some cause disturbance to Guest from these areas.
- OTHER OCCURRENCES: Host does not accept liability for any loss or damage caused by but not limited to the following: weather conditions, natural disasters, pests, construction disturbances, pandemics, acts of God, or other reasons beyond its control. There shall be no refunds of rents because of shortened stays, ruined expectations, or departures due to work and family emergencies, illness, unavailability of any or all parts of the Cottage, or any other reasons. It is highly recommended that Guest purchases travel insurance.
- RESERVATIONS ARE NOT FULLY GUARANTEED: If the Cottage is not available or becomes unavailable or uninhabitable for the reservation dates, Host will attempt to find a substitute a cottage of equal or greater value. If the substituted Cottage rents for less for the same period, the difference will be refunded to Guest. Guest will have the option to cancel the reservation within 72 hours of notification by Host. In this event, the sole remedy for any perceived damages, liability, or inconvenience is a full refund of the rental amount.
- WAIVER OF LIABILITY: For spa, hot tub, pool, sauna, pond, creeks, decks, railings, bunk beds, stairs, ladders and other potential hazards, herein referred to as Special Features. If so equipped, it is the Guest`s responsibility to familiarize themselves with potential dangers. There are special risks involved for anyone, particularly children who are not carefully supervised, intoxicated person(s), on any kind of drugs or medication, with health risks, or if pregnant. Guest agrees to explain the risks of the presence of and use of Special Features to all occupants and visitors and prohibit access to any unsafe sections of the property for children or others at risk. Swimming pools and spas or ponds and creeks may not be fenced and will require extra vigilance. Guest agrees to assume all responsibility to make all occupants aware of the risks and consequences of those risks and to be fully and solely responsible for any accidents that may occur. Guest agrees to waive any claim whatsoever against the homeowner or Host for accidents, injuries or claims.
- HOLD HARMLESS: Guest and occupants waives and releases and agree to hold harmless and indemnify Host against any and all claims, settlements, and damages (claims) arising from any cause during their stay, including off premises activities they participate in during their stay, including, without limitation, personal injury, property damage, expenses, judgments, fines, settlements and other amounts resulting from the Guest stay regardless of the nature of the accident, injury, or loss, other than claims arising from the gross negligence of Hosts. Guests and occupants also expressly recognize that any insurance for property damage or loss which the Hosts may maintain on the property does not cover the personal property of Guests, and that Guests should purchase their own insurance if such coverage is desired.
- ADDITIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS: The undersigned, for himself/herself, his/her heirs, assignors, executors, and administrators, fully releases and discharges Hosts from any and all claims, demands, and causes of action by reason of any injury or whatever nature which may have occurred to the undersigned, or any of his/her occupants or guests as a result of, or in connection with the occupancy of the premises and agrees to hold Hosts free and harmless of any claim or suit arising therefrom. In any action concerning the rights, duties, or liabilities of the parties to this agreement, their principals, agents, successors, or assignees the prevailing party shall be entitled to recover reasonable attorney fees and costs.
- SUBLEASING: Guest shall not sublet the property.
- WRITTEN EXCEPTIONS: Any exceptions to the above-mentioned policies must be approved in writing by Host in advance.
- DISPUTES: Any disputes under this Agreement shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of Virginia. Any action relating to this Agreement shall be filed only in the Pulaski County court in Virgina in which county the Cottage is located. Both parties’ consent to the exclusive venue and jurisdiction of such court. Guest agrees to pay all reasonable costs, attorney`s fees and expenses that shall be made or incurred by the Host enforcing this agreement.
- SIGNATURES: Facsimile, Clicking book on Airbnb for the listed Cottage and electronic signatures are deemed original signatures and agreeing to online terms and conditions constitutes acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- CREDIT CARD AUTHORIZATION: Guest agrees to provide Host with a valid credit card for the duration of the reservation if not booked through Airbnb. Guest is providing the credit card as a guarantee. Guest certifies that he/she has read and agrees to abide by the terms of this agreement and agrees to pay and authorize Host to charge any rental amounts, taxes, security deposits, extra cleaning, missing property and any damages not covered under the Security Deposit Protection (Paragraph 3) and fines or charges pertaining to violations of the rental agreement. Guest understands that all credit card sales are final. Should Host be unable to recover costs from the credit card on file, Guest is responsible to provide an alternative method of reimbursement within 48 hours of notification.
- COMMUNICATIONS: Guest requests pertaining to the Rental Agreement or issues related to occupying the Cottage must be in writing, either via email or text from the address or number provided upon reservation confirmation.
- ELECTRONIC CONSENT: By checking the box and clicking on the “I AGREE” button, Guest is consenting to the use of an electronic signature in lieu of an original signature on paper. Guest has the right to request to sign a paper copy instead. Guests’ agreement to use an electronic signature for any documents will continue until such time as Guest notifies Host in writing that you Guest longer wishes to use an electronic signature. There is no penalty for Guest withdrawing this consent. By providing Host with an email address and phone number, Guest agrees to receive emails and text messages and other electronic communications. Message and data rates may apply. Message frequency varies.